Who We Are and What This Is
Zeppoli's - Italian Comfort Food is a catering based in Niagara Falls, Ontario specializing in Italian cuisine. Our modest mission in life is to create spectacular events and celebrations for our customers.
We really, truly care about your privacy. We take the private nature of your personal information very seriously, and are committed to protecting it. To do that, weíve set up procedures to ensure that your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. Weíre grateful for your trust, and we'll act that way.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on zeppolis.ca's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the zeppolis.ca website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Zeppoli's - Italian Comfort Food at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
We mostly use your information to customize and improve your experience. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To allow you to register for our web site, mailing list, online store and other services, and to administer and process those registrations.
- To communicate with you about our products, services and related issues.
- To evaluate the quality of our products and services, and to enhance your experience on our web site.
- To maintain and administer our web site and comply with our legal or internal obligations and policies.
- To transfer information to others as described in this policy or to satisfy our legal, regulatory, compliance, or auditing requirements.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. See below.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information it is not stored on our servers but rather our payment gateway provider, shopify.ca. Your information is encrypted at all times and we never have access to your credit card numbers.
All records containing personal or financial information are considered to be our property and are afforded confidential treatment at all times. We work hard to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal or financial information. All such electronic information is stored on restricted database servers, and is generally kept until such time as you may ask us to edit or delete it. We only disclose such information to our employees, agents or affiliates that a) need to know that information in order to process it for us or to provide other services, and b) have agreed not to disclose it to others.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is a law that protects personal information in the hands of private sector organizations and provides guidelines for the collection, use and disclosure of that information in the course of commercial activity. The Act is based on ten privacy principles developed by the Canadian Standards Association, and is overseen by the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and the Federal Court.
This Act applies to all business and organizations in Canada. It sets the ground rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the course of commercial activities.
In terms of the retention and safeguarding of personal information PIPEDA states:
- Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes should be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. Organizations shall develop guidelines and implement procedures to govern the destruction of personal information. Principle 4.5.3
- Care shall be used in the disposal or destruction of personal information, to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Principle 4.7.5
Information including home and business addresses, phone numbers and credit card numbers are taken by employees of Zeppoli's - Italian Comfort Food on a daily basis, henceforth it will be company policy and procedure to:
- Any employee who records, for business purposes, any information which could be deemed sensitive, including but not limited to; home or business addresses, phone numbers and credit card information will keep said information in a place which is considered safe and secure.
- All departments, Sales, Accounting, and Shipping/Receiving, will shred and properly dispose of all and any documents containing any information that may be considered sensitive including but not limited to: home or business addresses, telephone numbers and credit card numbers.
- Any documents that leave the building through normal business operations i.e.: shipping order copies; are to be returned to the Zeppoli's - Italian Comfort Food premises for proper disposal.
We're here if you need us. If you have any questions about this policy or our site in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written inquiries can be sent to:
Zeppoli's - Italian Comfort Food
341-4025 Dorchester Road
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 7K8
Our data protection officer is - Jerry Buccilli. You can reach him at email@example.com.